Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Denial

Too much the rapture of an earthbound spring
prevails, surpassing lovers' agony,
too many willows full of glory stream
like fountains there along the path
while history may languish free of art.
The queen of seasons is a harlot blessed
by her eternal youth, a tart redeemed.
Come forth, my muse of airy head and heart,
and dance for me, dissolve my crusted mind
with your inane delight where content flies
away like skittish dreams when darkness dies
and color sweeps away the night.

It is my right to thus betray
a January day.
~

2 comments:

Duckie said...

Ahhh... In the midst of winter, your poem is suddenly plunging me deep into the heart of Waterhouse's pictures... a mixture of "Windflowers", "Boreas", "Gather Ye Rosebuds While You May","Awakening Adonis" and "Song of Springtime... !

Dean said...

dunno about gathering rosebuds, but I'll shut out winter every chance I get.