Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Conflict Resolution

Conflict Resolution

The world's compatriots remind me
I may not permit myself too much
of that resource called awe; it relegates them
to the mists that morning just proposes,
never dignifies, though they are of my blood,
my passion, and indeed the clay
between my hands.

Persistent is the vision of the one
who plants her kiss upon the ether of the stars
and will not shrink from all the glory
of the hedonist below.

There is a death involved,
the passing of duality; its requiem
a song of strange redemption I embrace.
Interred, the warring of the apocalypse,
the sprinkling of the earth, the stone,
the liberated sword.

The dew is not of tears
but of the gift of the departing night
that casts refreshment as annointing
to the silence lingering,
It celebrates the birth of truth,
a sacrament to seal the certainty
that all is one.
~

No comments: