Monday, March 17, 2008

Which Way

Which Way

It is beyond closed eyes I see
that alien precipitant
of trembling in my heart,
a partner of my soul I never knew,
whose constancy is certain
as that looming space that throbs
before my consciousness, demanding
that the song be heard, impossible
the song, the song inviolate
and there upon a waiting breath.

Words make court
around the beauty I may not contain.
The goal is given not defined,
intoned, and thrown upon the board.
I take
I break
I share the body and the blood,
and there within the courtyard
is the prize millenia have dreamed to touch.

There...
within our outstretched hands
this very moment and
We shall not pass it by.

This is one you will find difficult. I do, too, but I had to write it. It is multi-layered and mystical but at the same time celebrates inevitability, a purpose to the universe not yet understood...but, nevertheless inevitability that is just beginning to dawn on me after so much reading of late. Make of the poem what you will, or nothing at all if you choose, but I hope you will take something from it. Yes, it has faults, and I think needs further polishing. But it is a fixation I am in love with.

No comments: