Sunday, December 31, 2006

One World View

It is at best a silent teacher
this pin-point of reflected light...
this ball of blue and green
floating on the cooling rock...
this eminence that time congealed,
and in its wisdom
drawing forth the questions
as a heavenly grace,
eclipsing answers.

It has learned more than you and I
for its frail shell of atmosphere
will not repel the titans, always,
and embracing them, thus wounded
weeps and shudders,
storing up within itself
a heritage one day released
to all its children deep within the womb--
and then across the star trails, roaring
once again upon its journey
when there is no one to hear.
~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just reading your posts. I can tell you are a very passionate writer who really explores the depths of your soul to find your true emotions. Wonderful!

Dean said...

Thank you. Whether it is my soul, or just my unconscious might be open to question, but I think such exploration can pay off for all of us.