Saturday, May 13, 2006

ParaDieu

ParaDieu

Time floods my consciousness
with pretense of reality that like a mist
is faithless, vanishing,
exchanging slavery with me.
That which I know, I am;
that which I see is merely me,
an object over there, apart
from unity.

Yet all is one. Subject, I am
and which I am, is not.
And was it not a God we heard
to claim to be? I like it not
to be a God within,
without a trinity
I cannot fathom--one
I surely cannot know.
Empty, therefore,
may it ever be
that I am not?
~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I like it not to be a God within" -- could have been part of a correspondence between your belief of what God is and my belief. I believe God is within, whatever that might mean. To me it means we wait, even for the God within. We wait for answers. We wait until we evolve. What more of a miracle could there be than to be allowed to evolve to the place where we discover the answers and, maybe most importantly, can understand the answers. A stereotypical trinity can be incorporated, I suppose, in the trappings of the religion, even in the spiritual belief of a human, but is it necessary to the omnipotent God?

How in the world are you? I just removed my own writings from Gather.

Dean, you can find me at marysue.searles@gmail.com or MoonrisePromise@gmail.com. Would enjoy knowing how you are doing, if you've found other avenues for sharing your poetry, etc.