Sunday, July 17, 2005

Challenge me!

I am an independent thinker. While I am no better educated, nor more sophisticated or knowledgeable than the average person who has been to college, I do have very unorthodox opinions about God, society and politics. It is highly unlikely that anyone who comes to this blog to read, will find all of those opinions compatible with kira own.

This being the case, why don't you raise an issue or two? When you disagree with me, tell me why...or at least ask me why I take that position. Tell me about yours, and why you take it. Invite me to argue with you. (I promise to be polite and respectful). This is the only way I know of that each of us may grow, may learn, and may ultimately be better informed. If we go about as little islands that no one else may visit, how do we impact the world...how do we express what we believe. How do we encourage thinking? As for me, I hunger for this. Is it not worthwhile? May we not grow together, and perhaps ultimately influence someone else as well?

You may respond to the blog directly, or contact me by email...read down to learn how. Will you come out of the closet? And, no, there is no implication to the question. :-)

3 comments:

Dean said...

Unfortunately yours is the only one....but I am happy to have it, and hopeful that dialogue will still result. I am sure that it is the only way out of our dilemma of non-communication across this confused land. I am always eager to hear what others have to say...and their perspective is as legitimate as mine!

Unknown said...

It's hard for me to challenge you, as I don't find many things you write I disagree with.

Most times when I visit I find I am either enjoying your poetry or nodding my head in agreement.

Dean said...

Thanks, Lisa....but no two people being alike, I'm sure you'll find some areas...or if not, then how do we reach more people?
-Peace